Skill Development Training (SDT) in Community Pharmacy – an international experiential model for D Pharm / B Pharm / Pharm D graduates
Venue – Community Pharmacy in Mysuru
Duration – 03 months (576 hrs.)
Who can join: D. Pharm / B. Pharm graduates or final year students after the year-end
- Present Training is inadequate to practice
- Low employability
- Low confidence & motivation
- Low Performance
- Quality services – Dispense , counsel patients & DI services
- Participate in Health care programs as a TEAM
- Specialized care for Diabetes, Hypertension, etc
- Preventive care management
- OTC drugs & Pharmacist only medicines
- Provide health screening services
- Establish training environment
- Communicate effectively
- Tailor training to suit trainee needs
- Share training responsibilities
- Keep training & review encounters brief & crisp
- Broaden trainee responsibilities gradually
- Shall not work independently, but work under the supervision of the preceptor
- Acquire skills under supervision, so that s/he will become capable of functioning independently.
- Report on time, stay back if necessary, take initiative to learn
- Write Daily Reflective Dairy at the end of the day on all days & take sign of preceptor
- Wear name badge & white apron compulsorily on all days
- Ask at least 05 new questions daily in the morning , find answers to them & record in reflective dairy
- Sign undertaking about expectations, duties & noncompliance & consequences
At the end of SDT in community pharmacy the student will be able to
- Explain OTC and prescription drugs
- Understand the technique of Patient counselling about common ailments and their Management
- Describe storage, accounting and book keeping
- Identify different Drug information (DI) services
- Explain laws, policies and procedures for dispensing controlled substances as per the guidelines
- Explain the spectrum of health care choices available to patients in relation to community pharmacy
At the end of SDT in community pharmacy experience the student shall be able to
- Dispense Over The Counter (OTC) and prescription drugs
- Provide Patient counselling about common ailments and their Management
- Provide DI services
At the end of SD T in community pharmacy experience the student shall be able to
- Engage in self-directed and life-long learning activities for personal or professional development.
- Practice in a legal and ethical manner.
- Work effectively with others as a member or leader of an inter-disciplinary health care team or other professional group.
- Provide empathetic and patient-focused care to patients from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Solve medication or treatment related problems and develop appropriate pharmaceutical care plans through evidence-based decisions.
- Communicate effectively with patients, their family members and other health professionals.
- Develop positive attitude in community pharmacy
- Exhibit desirable skills in procedures for dispensing prescription, non-prescription and medical equipment in community pharmacy
- Implement ethical principles in making fair decisions related to work
Skill Development Training (SDT) in Community Pharmacy for Pharmacy diploma/degree holders
- Application for Skill development in Community Pharmacy shall be filled by interested graduates and mailed to
email@example.com before March
- Selection will be based on Merit/Experience (if any)/ Aptitude test at the center on 4th March 2018 (Sunday) and will be
restricted to a max of 10-12 candidates only
- Training for selected candidates shall commence from May till July (12 weeks x 6days x 8h = 576h) including continuous
assessments (1 quiz, 1 assignment, 1 field work (60Marks)) and end module assessment (Seminar / Viva and written exam
- Grading will be as per international norms & guidelines
- End module exam and certificate distribution on August or convenient date for successful candidates. Failed candidates
(<70%) shall repeat the SDT module and retake the exam within 01 month.
- SDT will be in Mysuru city only.
- 10% concession for distinction (above 75%) in the previous exam in Pharmacy, will be given for limited number (10%) of
Payment through bank only
- Selected candidates (Indian) shall pay a fee of Rs. 5000/- to HESDAR center in March by electronic transfer, Google pay etc.
- A/C name: HESDAR Center,
- Other details for electronic transfer – Canara bank, Shakthi Nagar, Mysuru-570019, Karnataka
- A/C 2981201000194, IFSC CNRB0002981
- One time registration fee INR – 1000/-.
- Total Fee Rs. 5000 + 1000 = 6000/-
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org